Thursday, August 2, 2007

ROI 11: Entertaining...Mischievous...and Often Naughty...that's EMON for you!

With that specs on him and that naughty look on his face 24/7…he reminds you of the kid brother in your family. At least for me he did resemble my 11 year old cousin bother a lot! Not only does he look like a miniature version of Sonu Nigam…he sings like him too!! A bundle of talent…mischief…and innocence…the chatterbox of Idol…my little shonu…Emon Chatterjee…



It took less than a few minutes for him to start talking to me when we first interacted at Sahil Hotel. Then at Savoy we were neighbours…Chang, Rehan and himself were in 309. We had loads of fun with this fellow keeping us entertained. Whenever Vani & I began conversing in Tamil or Malayalam he began talking in Bengali to us just to irritate us! And then he’d bring in Puja and Sachi (one of the cameramen who was also a Bengali) to join him in this act of his.



It used to be fun to see how both Emon and Shan played their favourite instruments…their babies…their guitars. Emon’s face is worth looking at when he used t admiringly look up at Shan while he played his classical guitar numbers. And Shan used to give him tips to play and we used to look at this teacher-student duo in awe… heheh!



Although I haven’t spent much time with Emon on a personal level there were two incidents which I will never forget in my life…both showed Emon’s naughtiness personified!



There was this one day when we heard loud music being played outside Savoy. It appeared to be coming from the flat opposite to the hotel. After dinner Harshi, Parleen and myself, we went to see what was happening. The flat tenants were having some kind of a party in their parking lot and they were blasting awesome Punjabi numbers after hearing which we couldn’t stay still for even a second! The three of us started dancing right there on the parking lot!! Soon we were joined by Emon, Abhishek , Chang and Rehan. We danced like crazy for a full 45 minutes. Then when the DJ started playing sad songs Emon bent forward and screamed out to them “Oye!! Music change kar Oye!!” we freaked out!! As it is the security guard at Savoy was beginning to look at all of us suspiciously since we were dancing in the middle of the night like some crazy kids! On top of that our fellow screams out loudly to that DJ …thank god the music was loud and hence drained his voice!! Hehe…



Then the second incident happened the night before our first Piano shoot. In the evening Vani and Emon were busy listening to Shan relate some horror stories and by the time Vani came back to our room it was almost 11 in the night. Moreover it was raining heavily that day…Mumbai was having it’s first rains that night! Now Vani had her back towards the window and she was relating the stories she heard to me while I was lying on the bed. All of a sudden we saw someone jump from the window into our room! It was Emon! God that fellow took the life out us! The thing is his room window and our room window are adjacent and there is this platform on which one can travel from one room to another safely…he used this to jump in and scare us!! God seriously we freaked out! And after we gave our dose of “what would have happened if he fell down” he went off to his room to sleep! Naughty to the core that little guy is I tell you!



But he’s a darling what ever said and done…no body can hate this dude…he has a charming personality which attracts everyone! And he gets away with all his mischief giving cute and innocent smiles! Trust me our trip would have been a bore without people like Emon and Sui (Suhit) to keep cracking us up into bits with their cheesy jokes!! I miss all the pranks Emon played on all of us and the crew members…ah..those were the days!



I am happy to see him still going strong on the show…Rock on Emon!!! And whatever whoever says about this dude (you know that he is overconfident and crap) he is what I told you earlier…a bundle of talent with energy gushing out him all the time in the form of mischief! Best of luck l’il fella!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey rashmi its really gr8 to read another entry .... its really fun

plzzzz never stop writting .. i wish it continues like forever ...

its so gr8 to get all the news .. to know abt all the fun u guys had ...

i really enjoy it and i m sure every1 else did

hey y dint u replied my previous comment which i wrote in parleen's entry ..

remember i posted sumthg in parleen's entry .. u dint actually like what i wrote and replied me scolded ... so i replied again ... plzzzz read that and reply me ..

plzzzz

bubyee!!
cheers!!
YOur Anonymous :P

Madhavi said...

awwwwwwwww... love ur post on emon.. i wish he wins the show !!! PS: how was mehnaz's wedding ?

Anonymous said...

HEYYYY ILL B WAITIN 4 UR NEXT POST

I SIMPLYYYYYYYY LUVVVVVVVVVV YUUUUUUUUUU

I CAN JUSSSSSSSS GO ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN N ONNN N ONNN N ONNNNNN N ONNNN READIN UR BLOG.....

THANK UUUUUUUUU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHH

MUAHHHHHH

Anonymous said...

each n every postttt is damn interestinggggggggggggg

u r ma j.k.rowlin yaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr

Unknown said...

omg thankss for writin bout one my favez emon!!
he seemz lyka realy sweeet &funny guy to hang out with.
i luv ur blogz! keep it up:]

<3zee

Anonymous said...

hey rashmi i checkd in my reply .. nd i saw sum1 else is also posting as anonymous .. so it will be really confusing ..

so in te end of my every post i will write

Your Anonymous ..

the first comment here is mine ... the others r not mine its some other anonymous ..

plzz reply me for my posts in parleen's entry !!!!

bubyee!!
cheers!!!
Your Anonymous

Anonymous said...

some mistake in the previous post .

in the first line i meant .. i checkd in here for my reply ..but there isnt any..

Your Anonymous
bubye!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha, funny thing, you've got a stalker for urself...

Enjoi;

Anonymous said...

i m not a stalker... i m just looking for my reply ..thats it ..

and i really really love this blog...very thankful to rashmi for writting in this blog ..

thats it ...

Rashmi i m really sorry if u think the same that i m a stalker ...

Bubyee!!
Cheers!!
Your Anonymous

Farrie said...

OMG! Emon is mischief personified! One look at his face and you know that his brain is hatching a devious prank!

You can see the halo above his head but don't miss the little devil horns creeping out from the back. hehehe

So glad you're sharing all this with us. Thanks girl.

- Farah

Rashmi Vijayan said...

My My!!!! ....two days I am out-of-reach of the comp and people start wondering if I ain't replying because i didn't like thier comments!!!!


Nothing of that sort at all... I'm really glad all of you are appreciating my entries...Its just that sometimes I ain't able to comment on my own blog..(some problem with my comp) ...


As for all the Mr./Ms Anonymouses (mine or not ;) ) ..thankyou sooo much for all those compliments...and no I do not think any one becomes a stalker by commenting regularly on my blogs!! ..so chillax...!!!


Keep reading folks!!! will be posting soon....


Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rashmi,

I hope you're watching the Indian Idol shows. What i cannot understand is what era are these guys living in? Just for eg. in the INDI POP section, look at the songs these guys sang:

Emon - Tu kab ye janegi (Even Sonu Nigam would've forgotten these lyrics)
Puja - Ab ke Sawaan (Shubha Mudgal sang this album and because of that, there were floods all over India - The government then banned her from singing and she's never seen again)
Ankita - Deewane (My God! I used to see (and hate) this song when i was in school and now my kid is ready to go to school :P)

I mean, why can't anybody sing a new song. Except Chang, everyone sang some real oldie goldie songs. What are these people listening to? Haven't they heard Atif or Rabbi or any of these latest sensations? Even Kar le kar le koi dhamaal would've been a better choice.

They do have the talent but the choice of songs is pathetic. I dunno who decides them - maybe u can tell me.

Tell me what you think.

Rashmi Vijayan said...

Dear Rakesh,


I really appreciate your efforts of taking time and reading my blog...nice to know I have readers like you...


Now about Idol... well song selection was always a problem with both the music manager (whose duty it was to help us select songs) and we contestants (who had to choose the rigth songs)...now the problem is I mean.. this was what I knew while I was there during the Piano rounds...Idol doesn';t want to copy the songs sung by other contestants on other shows like "VOI" and "Challenge"... moreover they are trying to bring back into our memories songs that we have long forgotten yet love listening to...different people have different tastes...and that's why the contestants on Idol are choosing different songs to suit different audiences...


If on every channel you get to hear the same ghise pite songs... the audience gets bored.. instead these guys are choosing those numbers others wont.. or wud have forgotten about...whether some like it or hate it.. you still watch it.. right? :)

That's their funda!


By the time they reach finals.. they'll be bringing out all their best songs.. till then.. we gotta wait!


In the last galas...Ankita's choice was definitely BAAAD.. but the rest.. were.. not bad! :)


Do keep reading .. and keep commenting... thanks!!!