Thursday, August 23, 2007

ROI 14: Armaan ke Aasmaan...

We were having our last few practice sessions with the band members before the Piano rounds. All of us were busy rehearsing when we get news from Rittika (one of the associate producers) that we have to write & compose a song to be sung for the kids of Shiksha- an NGO for underprivileged children. Wow! Finally a real challenge! Ankita quickly jotted down some lyrics…and our man Shantanu was busy putting tune to those words…and finally we created our piece “Armaanon ke Asmaan”



All of us were so glad with this project given to us…that we forgot about our piano songs for sometime…all of us were busy singing this song…our song! We even practiced with the instruments of the Band members… Sui brought out his flute and started with a small piece…Emon on the Keyboard…Abhi on the congo…Bharat on the Dholak…Amit on the rhythm pad..and Shan on the Guitar…it was lovely when all of us sang to their music…what a feel!


Here are the lyrics:


Armaanon ke aasmaan ko liye…
Chalte hain apne sapnon ke liye…


Kwaahishoon ke paar chal…
Mushkilon se kabhi na daar…
Apne bhi honge sapne kabhi…
Aaye jo milne hua yeh yakeen…


La la…la la…la la la la…la la…la la…la la la la…

Armaan ke asmaan ko liye…
Chalte hain apne sapnon ke liye…




The next day morning we were taken to a park near by and only after a long time did we get to know that Renuka Shahane was coming to meet us. Were we thrilled or what!!!! I have always loved her right from her Surabhi days!! What a wonderful actress she is…no no…what a wonderful lady she is! So beautiful…so intelligent…with such a pretty smile! Talking about smiles…as soon as she came we sang her the song and she was so surprised that we had done such a lovely thing for the kids of Shiksha…sad they couldn’t be there though! Then we all told her how we love that smile of hers…then suddenly Chang from behind me told her.. “ma’am…aapki tarah we have someone here who smiles so beautifully…molar to molar…” and everyone turns towards me…if I was wearing a red dress that day my face would have been camouflaged that instant! Hehe!!





(gosh I look horrendous in it!!)




Here’s a very amateur shoot of what we sang for her… (just avoid my extensive hand shaking…since all of us were swinging to the tune...I couldn’t hold the cam steady..sorry!) And by the way...the only instrument you can hear is Emon’s guitar coz we could obviously not carry everything to the park!









After shooting this about 5-6 times we all sat down under the cool shade of the Jamun trees in that park and began talking to Renuka ji. We slowly brought her to the topic of music..and then la..we made her sing for us…it was a really nice moment…here…have a peek at it!









We even made our maestro Shan strum his baby for her…take a look at this too…sorry only a 3/4th of the piece is there in this video…that is ‘cause my cam’s charge got over by then :(













In the end after all the various bytes for the show…we took our final parting shot with Renuka ji…and bid her adieu! That is one day we had loads of fun together…outside hotel Savoy where we were on house arrest!! Hehehe!








I’m glad we had such fun-filled moments for me to cherish when I’m a little down or when ever I miss all of them too much…three cheers to all 28 of us for that lovely song we created!!! Hip hip…HURRAY! Hip hip HURRAY!!! Hip Hip HURRAY!!

13 comments:

Dinu said...

hmmm ok ... song was better than your post.. ( just kiddin .. actually that song is a real good one.. )
u should think about putting in together a little better ( technically ) and keep it as a memory......

now about the post.. ok improved a lot hmmm put your true nature in and it will look more better ( and end less lol )


cool one :)

Farrie said...

love reading your post girl. man i have noticed chang always sticks out in all group shots... not because of his chinese looks but whenever i see a group photo chang is like smack in the middle... or maybe i just like looking at him... hehehehe

Rashmi Vijayan said...

yea thats true...I have two group pics...(and those are the ones on every other Idol's and Idol fan's orkut album) ... and in both of those pics.. Changs ..Bang in the centre!! hehe!

Chronically Sporadic said...

nysh..I feel that you should never stop writing .....no matter how much you write, it's still not enough for me :)

Anonymous said...

cool!!!! grt song...
how come there was no mention of this song on sony...
n keep ur posts coming

Anonymous said...

Jeeeeezz Shantanu is tooooooo gud wit guitar!!!!!!!

btw did Ankita alone write that song!??

Rashmi Vijayan said...

Sony didn't show this song or even mention anything about it 'cause they didnt want to...that's it... now I have no idea why...probably because they didn't want anyone else to copy our idea...hehe!!! well that was the cheesiest line I could ever come up!!! God!! And yea Ankita was the foundation for the lyrics..while Parleen and Shan helped here and there..

Rupal and henry said...

Hi Rashmi,
Wow, I love your blogs. I have read Chang's blog and now yours. YOu guys are amazing writers. I am sorry that you got eliminated in the piano round.

I commented on Chang's Blog and requested him to write about behind the scenes and now someone posted a link to your blog on India-forums. I am so glad someone has already started this process. Now if Chang can complete the rest of the journey. That would be so great. If you have some kind of contact with him please ask him to do the same for the gala round and your story will be complete.
Thank you again for such a beautiful insight to your journey.

Rupal
Ps: Would love to read any future blogs even if they are not of II3.

Pranay said...

Great Going Rashmi...I love your style of writing and the sweet anecdotes.....keep posting...


Pranay

Rashmi Vijayan said...

Hey Rupal...that's just what I was having mind as well...to ask Chang to complete the journey!!!! (great minds think alike yea ;) hehe!)


Thanks a ton for reading my posts...will soon be done with this journey of mine...'cause I didn't have the pleasure of spending more time with those guys...well I am glad all of you liked it... two more posts and I'm done... :) ... ah as for my other blog.. check out my profile on this blog and you can read the not-so-often-blogged-blog "Unwrapping the mind" ....:) will be posting my randomn thoughts there...!


Thanks once again...

Cheers!

Madhavi said...

hey rashmi...
doesn't shantanu's guitar style remind u of daphne ??? i was reminded of daphne's piece during my last talent contest !!

fursat said...

I have loved reading all your posts so far. You have really given some 'real' insight into the lives of contestants through this blog because what we mostly see on tv is very rehearsed and there is little room to get to know them individually.

Love all the tit bits about your meet with Renuka with some awesome amateur videos. Renuka is acc. to me one of then most beautiful/humble person and it reflects in her personality here. Also, loved the song made by all of you, a very nice effort indeed. This certainly looks like an experience of a lifetime for all of you to cherish.

Indian Idol is now on its last leg and as I said in my recent post, that may the best man win. I will keep checking on your blog for some more tit bits :-)

Rupal and henry said...

Hey Rashmi,
How are u? No new update on your blogs? Wondering if you were okay?