Wednesday, August 22, 2007

ROI 12: She completes the Awesome 4some!!!

She was a darling…tall beauty with a lot of brains. I’ve never met a person more humble and down to earth especially hailing from the UK…a powerful voice…a playful mind…and a persistent learner (when it comes to speaking and singing Hindi)…Harshida Madhaparia!



My first proper acquaintance with her was when she was my roomie at Sahil during the theatre rounds. Damn sweet this girl is I tell you. All these thoughts about how girls from UK/US are born snooty just vanished when I met Harshi. Then at Savoy she was put up with Priyanka and Charu in 301. But most of the time she would be with us (Vani, Aish and me) in 308. I used to adore her sense of humour…how she used to come up with wacky Hindi dialogues for the video bytes especially the Agnisakshi one…”ek machar saala admi ko hijda bana detha hai” [CHPAK!! That was me maarofying the machar that just flew past my eyes!]



She had nicknames for almost all 28 of us…lemme see if I remember them all…umm Vannita (stress on the double ‘n’)…Ashmi (note: the ‘a’ should be squeaked at a higher pitch than ‘shmi’…and this one was for me! Hehe)…”pur…pur…pur…purrrrrrrr” (for Parleen…remember the starting tune of Bunty aur Bubli?...that’s it!)…Chang wangVar’tikka’ Masala (Hehehe!!)…yea I guess that’s it…no no “sui”(again high pitched…and with her finger in the air portraying a needle…for suhit!) God!! She is the limit!!!! Hehe!



I enjoyed our riyaaz sessions…Harshi would come up and plonk herself on our bed when Vani & I would be doing our riyaaz. She would follow us very religiously because she didn’t understand what her roomies sang! I remember this once she came running to our room in the morning ans went “MAN!!!! I was woken up by Priyanka…and then when I tried to get into the bathroom Charo was in there singing… my room is full of Riyaaz!!!!” Hehe! Wasn’t that a classic line?!!



She was the official “hair-straightener” for everyone who wanted to style their hair. Seriously! Her most ardent customers were Aisha, Vani and Puja…every second day they’d want her to straighten their hair. And she would patiently draw aside strands of hair and straighten them with her straightener (sounds like a tongue twister doesn’t it? Strands…Straighten…Straightener.. PHEW!). Once Emon and Parleen also straightened their hair…Parleen’s looked fine…but Emon…must say it looked damn cute on him…but not suitable for public viewing!! Hehe! Even Chang wanted to straighten his hair…Chang of all the people!!! He has naturally straight hair…and he wants them “straightened”….Hah! She didn’t do it obviously!! :)



The guys used to be terrified of the four of us together (Vani,Harshi,Aish&me)…they called us a foursome! Why? ‘Cause we used to scare them with our showing off how much love and affection flowed between the four of us...don’t go thinking now you guys… we just hugged each other that’s all! But even that scared the guys if it were more than one hug per minute….hehehe!! And boy! Did we enjoy doing this to them!! Especially Amit…his face is worth watching every time we call him to catch a glimpse of us hugging each other!! Hehe!




Awesome foursome…that’s what we were…together always…singing…pulling each other’s legs…dancing…masti maarofying…always! Miss all of it like crazy sometimes!!! Hope this bond of ours lasts forever babes!!! Harshi…when you’re off to London don’t you forget your “Ashmi” ok?? Hope you do well sweety…get someone to (in Harshi’s style) “riyaaz” you up and you’ll ROCK!!!



Adios Amigo!

6 comments:

Chronically Sporadic said...

nice job.....was waiting for your posts..

~ Swati

Farrie said...

yaar kya gheri dosti hai... nahi to yeh photo 3d hai... hehehe gotta love saif ali khan in dil chahta hai when he said that!

that pic reminded me of me and my 3 old best friends... we used to have the same kind of fun, scare guys off the same way... hehehe

Anonymous said...

u know i think, Harshida was brought in as a contestant just to show that Indian Idol is now International. I don't think she deserved a place in the top 30.

What do u think? (prejudices apart)

Anonymous said...

Ashhmiiiiiii!!!! How cute!! My mum told me about this page so i thought id check it out!! She said thanks and ur very sweet and patient to write all of that!!! I cud just cuddle u!! We did have sum goood times!! (wink wink)

Who is this Rakesh dude!! U have got sum nerve!! Its not like i voted for me to get where i was.. all i did was audition!! hehehe! There were sum really good singers in UK but it was all in gods hands and my fate!! Upar vale ki kripa se!! Thanks for ur concern tho!

Anonymous said...

Rakesh a.k.a. Raks a.k.a Rakki was an aspiring singer, apparently he dreamt of making it into the limelight. He audition twice for indian idol but never made it past the first audition!! i don't blame the judges though.. see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYcDJD9Rso4 his singing is a joke!! he's been bitter about it ever since and takes every opportunity to knock other deserving contestants.. don't worry Hurshi..YOU ROCK!! Chakk de India!!

Unknown said...

How cute Rashuuuuu